“Mindfulness is Attention, Intention and Reflection”
What is mindfulness? Broadly defined mindfulness training is develops our mental faculties of attention, intention and reflection.
We bring a non-judgmental attention, to our daily life experiences. Then we choose a wise intention, to match the experience.
Reflecting on these experiences we learn from them. This deepens our understanding, resulting in more health & happiness.
What is Mindfulness?
1. MINDFULNESS ‘What is it?’ The Basics
2. MINDFULNESS TRIANGLE – FACULTIES
3. FACULTY – Simple Definition of Mental Faculty: a normal power or function, of the mind the ability to perceive and distinguish sensory stimuli
4. ATTENTION – Simple Definition of Attention: notice, interest, or awareness listening to, or watching something
5. INTENTION – Simple Definition of Intention: an aim or purpose directed attention to an activity
6. REFLECTION – Simple Definition of Reflection: a thought occurring in meditation a careful consideration of something
7. MINDFULNESS TRIANGLE
8. MINDFULNESS – www.TheMindfulCoach.com
Respectfully – G Ross Clark